Re: NTLK NTLK: QT movies to MoviePlayer movies...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 12:48:51 CDT

"John I. Clark" wrote:

> All the great posts about the various movies (either homemade, which
> were GREAT, by the way; or archived commercials, etc., etc.) that people
> are posting on the 'net got me thinking about turning them into
> MoviePlayer movies playable on the Newt! [And Rich's monthly notice
> about This ol' Newt and his mention of NewtBrick software, which makes
> MoviePlayer, further spurred me...] I've read that you have to somehow
> export ALL the frames in the QT movie to individual PICT files and then
> paste them into NewtonPress and save with a .mov extension... I also
> seem to remember seeing somewhere that there is a utility avialable to
> automate this process. Does anyone recall anything along these lines?

Gosh! I can't imagine exporting a 5 minutes movie at 15 fps. That would translate to 4,500 pict files! Could you paste all those pictures in NewtonPress??

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com