NTLK [Announce] August TON Update

From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 19:24:34 CDT

This Old Newt announces its August Update.

Lots Links:
As usual, There are a nice handful of new links to browse through. We have
also done a good cleaning of some of the dead links and URL corrections.

Hints and Tips:
We have reorganized our hints page to make it a bit easier to locate items
and broke it down into smaller pages that are more PDA friendly.

PDA Friendly sites:
There are a few new items on our PDA Friendly links page which seems to be
starting to be a favorite of Palm and Wince users. This page hosts links to
low graphic and text only sites.

TON Cleanup:
We are still cleaning up all our pages and removing as many nested tables and
non-Newtscape friendly code as possible.

Newton FAQ:
We have the latest version of the Newton Community FAQ posted.

Join the Newton WebRing:
We are still the home of the Newton WebRing. Just this week we just added
another three new sites. If you have a Newton site, please join the ring. If
you are a Newton user and have a web site dedicated to another subject you
may join and use one of our Newton User Logos and become a member of the
WebRing.

Features:
August features an Interview with NewtBrick Software. I just love the
QuickTime type movie player they have available...........

Darn Scary stuff:
Help support TON....Read Stephen Kings part one of a series, the Plant.
Available through our Library page. Purchasing at Amazon.com helps us pay for
TON (and save to get our own domain)

Upload Files at TON?
We have been using onelist mail list service for TON announcements for a
while. The service is nice and free :) We have decided to make use of the
free ftp space. See the link at our home page to NTK2 file upload. Feel free
to place your Newt pkgs there for distribution.

Sponsors:
This month we are again proud to have SmartDog Software as our sponsor.
Please take a look at BackTalk and help support TON and the Newton Community.
If you would like to sponsor TON for a month please feel free to contact us.

Newtie Awards:
Its almost time again to take nominations for the 2000 Newtie Awards. Keep
your eyes out for our nomination announcements soon.

Wanna be featured?
We are looking for Newton Folks who may want to be featured or have a product
featured in a fall or winter issue. Contact us at thisolnewt@aol.com

Keep the Greenâ„¢
Rich
This Old Newt
http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html
The Online Newton Monthly,
Home of the Newton WebRing, Interviews, Used Price Guide, FAQ, and the
Largest set of active Newton links!