Re: NTLK gradebook

From: jimthej (jimthej@pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 11:57:42 CDT

About the only thing out there is Clarity, and I'm not certain how well or
much it is being supported, or even where to find it. Jay Klein and friends
at Gradebusters www.gradebusters.com did a Newton module that I bought and
used for a couple of years, but it is not supported in the latest versions
of Making the Grade. It was both too much, data collection for up to 15
assignments or a couple of weeks attendance, and too little, no summary of a
student's work that you could carry around with you. Another one, from
Sunburst, I forget it's name worked great on a 130, slowly on a 120, needed
a major screen layout change on my 2000(did some really weird wrapping) used
it's own print routines that were buggy. Grady made a Newton module for
Grady Profile which may still be around, but they wouldn't let me try a demo
and it only works with their outrageously expensive desktop system.
Best bet, try Clarity, I had a demo on my machine for a while and it was OK,
not thrilling but OK.

Jim Johnston
Teacher
Mac Smacker