Re: NTLK What's about iPalm?

From: J. van de Griek (Joost_van_de_Griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 06:35:24 CDT

Francesco Ventimiglia wrote:

> Dear friends,
> First of all I think Apple is more and more great with its new products,
lightyears far from every other company.

I agree! They could try and push Motorola into trying a bit harder to be
like that, too, though. :-)

> I read on an italian Web magazine about a possible Apple return to PDA
with a so called "iPalm", probably made by Palm on Apple project and based
on Mac OS. On the magazine there was a proto image too! Are these ones only
rumors?

Yep, just rumors. I doubt Apple will release another PDA, Palm has the
market, anyway. I think Apple's return to the PDA world will be to buy a
huge amount of Palm shares (like 20% or more), and provide insanely great
integration for the Palm in Mac OS X. (It is slated to have an extensible
system-wide address book... Why would they do that?)

> And now a minor question: I noted only now (I own the MP 2100 from 1 year)
a kind of "port" (closed), near the dongle interface, labeled "ABS". Is it
to use for security?

Nope. It's where the connector from the internal modem goes, if one is ever
developed. Also, there's another one of those optional ports right next to
the hinge of the screen cover. That one is meant for a keyboard that could
theoretically be built into a replacement cover.

Joost van de Griek
Applications Developer
Yacht ICT
http://www.yachtgroup.com/