Re: NTLK stranded Newtoneer

From: J. van de Griek (Joost_van_de_Griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 06:46:40 CDT

good-dog@northshore.net wrote:

> Folks;
>
> We have a stranded Newtoneer who can't post but can read posts. She was
> kind enough to respond to my pathetic cries for help about my comatose
> eMate. I suggested she go to the newtontalk web site and unsubscribe and
> then resubscribe and be very careful to put in the correct name of her
> email.

[snip]

> Laura Deardoff wrote:
>

> > By the way. I have joined the newton list, but I cannot post to it. My
> > mail is returned and even my queries to the place my isp said to query
> > is returned. Could you help me so I can post too?

Have you looked at the exact spelling you used when entering your address
for the subscription? You should be able to find it in the headers of
messages you receive from the list.

Some email systems (particularly Lotus Notes) aren't all that picky when it
comes to email addresses; underscores, periods, upper-and lowercase letters,
as long as it sort of matches a name it recognizes, mail will arrive. But
NewtonTalk (like many other mailinglists) is very picky when accepting
submissions, and rightly so.

Joost van de Griek
Applications Developer
Yacht ICT