Re: NTLK Re: Pilot OS emulator

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 15:01:52 CDT

At 02:52 PM 7/22/00 -0500, Bill Davis wrote:
>The new Compaq iPaq WinCE (PocketPC) unit runs a StronARM faster than the
>MP2k; I think it's 292Mhz, but I may be misremembering. (maybe it's
>192). There's another StrongARM PocketPC unit from another company
>announced recently too (saw it on ZDTV's Fresh Gear show and on
>www.pdabuzz.com)

The iPaq's running a 206 MHz StrongARM; the company I'm at is going to
attempt to try this one out after our failed Palm V adventure (I predict
failure for the iPaqs since the main complaints about the Palms were
Graffiti and screen size). The other PocketPC you may be thinking about
might be the HP Jornadas. I think they're ARM'd as well.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com