Re: NTLK Re: Synching with Palm Desktop

From: Bill Davis (billdavis@info-newt.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 23:38:29 CDT

On 7/16/00 6:35 AM, Bernie & Karen [mailto:kobier@cyberone.com.au] wrote:

>I know not everyone reads it but the licence aggreement for Palm desktop
>indicates that it is for use only in conjunction with a 3COM product.
>Does the Newton qualify?
>
>Bernie

If they truly wanted to make such a restriction, the LAST place they
would have put it is the license agreement, which as you point out NO ONE
reads. ;-)

I also distinctly recall their web site saying that it's OK to download
and use it, even if you don't have a Palm Organizer.....Yup, I'm right.
They actually have a web page on their site SPECIFICALLY FOR people who
are using PD for Mac and don't own a palm organizer:

http://www.palm.com/support/macintosh/macnopalm.html

I quote: "Don't have a Palm handheld yet? We can't offer phone support
when you're using the Palm MacPac on its own, but we've created this
special section for you, with information on getting the most out of the
Palm Desktop software and help for troubleshooting problems."

Besides, Apple also gives it away with MacOS 9.0 and on all currently
shipping Macs. They don't give away Palms to go along with it.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/