Re: NTLK Farallon Etherwave Adapter

From: Stephen Beesley (sbeesley@smartchat.net.au)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 17:44:07 CDT

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 Peter Apockotos aka G4DoobieDoobieDO wrote:

------
>I was looking on the web site for methods to connect the newton
>via Ethernet using a Farallon EtherWave Adapter and there is nothing
>there, and the documentation that comes with the adapter is no help
>and neither is their web site.
------

David MacNeill reviewed the Farallon
EtherWave Connector in the April 1997 issue of Pen Computing. As far as installation went he said:

"It literally could not have been easier to install. The sleek little adapter had two RJ-45 jacks for the Ethernet cable and a two foot Apple Talk DIN-8 connector for the Newton. all the necessary Software is inside the unit so no driver or configuration were necessary... No hub is needed, no IP addresses to fiddle with, It just goes. I was up and running in less than two minutes"

I don't know If that is any help to you but I hope so.

Stephen Beesley

Sent from a Newton Message Pad 2000u
with SimpleMail 4.0