Re: NTLK MP2X00 stylus

From: Bill Davis (billdavis@info-newt.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 23:32:16 CDT

On 7/17/00 10:32 AM, Wayne Toews [mailto:wayne.toews@sk.sympatico.ca]
wrote:

>I wrote asking about
>>the availability of tips for the titanium styli. Does
>> >the the lack of an answer mean that the tips are not available?
>
>Bill Davis replied:
>>Don't know what you mean by the "titanium stylus". Are you referring to
>>the one that came with the 2x00, or a third party stylus?
>
>I answer:
>I was referring to the stylus that came with the 2X00. It appears
>that it should be easy to replace the tip if one is available. I
>read that a wooden stylus would be a good substitute for the plastic
>tipped ones. Do you agree?

The stylus that came with the 2x00 is plastic, not titanium.
Replacement tips are not available. You just replace the whole stylus.

I would not use a wooden stylus (never seen any, either, at least not for
the TIP. All the styluses I've ever seen have plastic tips. I've got
probably a dozen or more different styluses.)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/