NTLK Re: Using Multiple-User

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 13:53:10 CDT

>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:15:38 PDT
>From: "Michael Scott Szpisjak I" <wemeck@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Using Multiple-User
>
>Hello All,
>I have a serious problem. I work for a high school and they have just
>produced a "technology plan" that calls for the phasing out of all
>Macintoshs (even though I just got like 50 new imacs for teachers!?!) and
>have aleready swapped out two mac labs with windows. In this "Technology
>Plan" they bring up issues with the mac and hence why they are going
>windows. The two biggest issues are:
>1.) macs can not do pure ip on a novell network.
>2.) There is no out of box way to configure a mac to go through the
>authetican server. We are having problem with students sending/posting
>naughty-things across the world.
>i have been researching these issues by I can not find any documentation on
>how to route multiple user on a mac through our authentication servers. Our
>Administrator will not assist, he feels macs are a plague, whatever! Can
>anyone help?
>
>Michael

While I can't help you with Novell issues, I do know that Novell networks
can host Macs successfully. There is a forum on MacCentral
(www.maccentral.com) that looks at dual platform issues. You can search
on those words for a long list of articles and contact the staff at
MacCentral for help. This is exactly the kind of issue they love to put
before the readers. Someone in their audience of thousands of Mac users
will be able to help.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com