Re: NTLK slow response of newton works(Ben Doughney)

From: Ben Doughney (ben_d@clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 15:14:38 CDT

on 15/7/00 12:22 AM, Christopher Chung at chrischung@start.com.au wrote:

> I already have MP2100, which is 2000 upgrade is that what you where
> refering too.
>
> I also notice that using bignotes that once the file size gets to
> 30-40K the newton slows down.
>
> Can anyone help, perhaps this is a resource size limitation ?
>
> It would be nice to use files larger than 40K without noticable slow
> down. In both notes and newton works
Sorry, I thought you had an eMate. I have both an eMate and a 2000
(unupgraded) and I had a memory upgrade on my eMate and that improved the
speed of NewtonWorks a lot. I have never had the same problem on my 2000,
and I have had files that were bigger than 100k (I think 110K was the
biggest). The only problem that I had with these files is NCU wouldn't back
them up.
Perhaps you should try freezing some packages that you don't use that often.
It could be that you are running low on heap?

Ben Doughney
Director

AdMac Inc.
Visit AdMac Online: http://welcome.to/admac.com