Re: NTLK Chat on Newts?

From: Khaled (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 03:17:40 CDT

There have been quite a bit of discussions in past Newton Talk issues about
chat clients for the Newton, and now that chat clients are reality I do not
see many excited about them and many do not know they actually exist.

The IRC chat client from Tactile have been available since long, but I had
never used it, Tactile is no longer registering there products plus all my
friends are on Yahoo, AOL, or ICQ, that is where the chat action is.

I have registered NCQ and it is very cool ICQ client, I enjoy using it and
the developer is active and listening to user requests. It is excellent and
exciting to use.

Then there is NewtonJabber, v 1.1 has just been released, it is easy to set
up, and it puts AOL, Yahoo, MSN, and ICQ all on your Newton, very cool. I
used Jabber on AOL and my friends did not even think I was chatting from the
comfort of my sofa chair, my legs on the ottoman, and laid back. I was able
to send smilies and writing your chat is a cool experience. I was very
excited with NewtonJabber and the best thing about it is that Newton is
mentioned in the down load site, the only handheld there. So I can always
tell the Palm and WinCE crowd, sorry only on Newton :)

The chat clients on the Newton are another reason I am leaving my Power Book
home when I leave on business trips.

--

Dr. Khaled Tewfik Saudi Arabia _______________________________ >From a Rocking Apple G3 Desktop