NTLK backtalk error

From: Martha M. Colvin, Ph.D. (mmeltoncolvin@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 19:34:40 CDT

Hello,

I am new to this list and was delighted to hear about
backtalk through the list. I tried the demo and it
worked fine. I registered the product and the first
send and receive with my husband's palm IIIx worked
great. Throughout the night and the next day the
newton would boot up and be "looking" although I had
pressed the stop button. Although that seems to have
stopped (I don't know what I did to stop it) I can no
longer send or receive. I sent my problems to
smartdog and the referred me to the debugging page
which included getting the newton toolkit (which I
have) and this is the message I get:

"GetTranslations"
{class: paperroll,
 data: [{#C636991}],
 viewStationery: paperroll,
 height: 164,
 _version: 2,
 timestamp: 50772581,
 ident: -183087129,
 _uniqueID: 240,
 _modTime: 50772581}
"IrLMP:IrConnect() version 1.14d"
"Error while binding:"
{name: |evt.ex.comm|, error: -10078}

Is the -10078 a newton os error and if so I think that
is a resource being used error. Can anyone enlighten
me on this. I have never used the tool kit and don't
know where to go from here. I have sent the above to
smartdog too, but thought I would see what some of you
had to say.

Thanks

=====
Martha M. Colvin, Ph.D.