Re: NTLK NTLK- General Repair question

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 17:18:52 CDT

US Federal Law dictates that if a company discontinues
a produce, they must have sufficient repair parts to
provide service for 5 years, and they must provide
servicing (whether it's them or they hire out to a
third party) for 7 years.
And since Apple is incorporated in the USA, they must
abide by US law!
 Ed
web/gadget guru

--- peter brigg <pbrigg@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Apple's standard policy is to provide sevice for 7
> years from discontining a line. 2100 Newtons were
> discontinued 27/2/98. I don't know if they will
> aplly that date to the 100 models.
>
> peter
>
> TerenceOB@aol.com wrote:
>
> > In reading the repair advice question, I can't
> help wondering. I've been
> > living in fear that if something bad happened to
> my newton, I'd be out of
> > luck, especially with the supply going donw that
> the prices going up. I
> > though that apple stopped supporting the Newton,
> and thought that meant
> > repairing them. Am I wrong?
> > ***************************************
> > NewtonTalk brought to you by:
> >
> > EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all the news, and the hottest
> analysis and features (plus 'toons!) anywhere....
> visit http://www.evote.com today!

> > Visit the NewtonTalk section at
> http://www.planetnewton.com
>

> ***************************************
> NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>
> EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all the news, and the hottest
> analysis and features (plus 'toons!) anywhere....
> visit http://www.evote.com today!

> Visit the NewtonTalk section at
http://www.planetnewton.com

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/