NTLK Re - Newton chess

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT (Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 07:29:29 CDT

>The problem is that I can't move it off the card (backup, email, beam,
....).
>My Newton tells me it is copy protected. (I did convert the RAM card to
>2.x). I want to make sure I keep an copy of it on my computer.

If you find a way, please let us know. I've been trying to find a way to
move
the package form my (legally purchased) Berlitz Interpreter card to my Flash
Ram
card as I only have a MP 130 and don't want to swap cards all the time. And,
of
course, to have a backup in case anything happens to the card. I gave up.
I guess it would be possible to write an application that allows to do this,
but
this is a task for someone who is way better at NewtonScript than I am.
There again, there is always the danger that an application like that could
be used
by people less honest than those on this list to deprive the few remaining
developers
of what they deserve.

Frank