Re: NTLK green bug

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 11:48:45 CDT

Well I got bit by the bug early. My wife calls me a tech freak... :-) I love
the toys. In PDA's I started with an OMP which I used for a couple of years.

When the palm first came out my brother bought one and raved about how great
this thing was. Well I bought one after that, figured that I could not live
without this. Where is it now? I gave it to my other brother because it did
not live up to expectations, especially if you use a mac like I do. Yes you
can sync but can't get email (or not at that time) and I found the screen
more a hindrance than anything, just too small. Try using a spreadsheet on
it....

After that I bought a Psion. Not bad, a lot more flexible than the palm and
least a half decent size screen for width. Some slick programs sure helped.
When the Psion Siena came out I bought one of these and still use it if I
want to carry something small.

About 2 years ago I bought a 2100. Actually I was going to buy a 130 and all
the bits and by the time I was done I would have spent close to the price of
the 2100, so after I had ordered a 130 I cancelled it and ordered the 2100
(next day, before they had a chance to send the 130) Anyways, I have not
looked back. And you are right once bitten always smitten.

After I got the 2100, I was in a store here and they had a 110 that I picked
up for 30.00, new in the box etc. about a year ago I bought a 120 from the
Newton Store in Toronto. Wy wife and my son use them and I still use the
2100 for eveything. I don't think I will change, or not until something
comes along that offers me the flexability that the 2100 has. I have people
stop me and ask what it is all the time and when i show them what it can do
they all have said that it is great. Too bad that Apple decided to kill it.
I think it could still compete today if it was being made.

In the end it comes down to flexibility. The palm was too small, the Siena
screen to small but much better than the palm, the Psion too short, the
newton is big enough to really use it and as I print more than write I have
not had any problems with the newton figuring out what I wrote. And this
list is great.

Larry Z

Subject: NTLK green bug