Re: NTLK [OT] hierarchical wordprocessing exchange throw outline

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 07:28:12 CDT

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Ching Yi Tsai wrote:
[snip]
> IMHO, if you use a lot of bibliography and references in your thesis, you
> will be better off invest a couple of weeks learning how to use Latex/Bibtex
> etc to write your thesis. And be a very very happy person for the rest of
> the year when you are writing your thesis.
>
> Many of my mates regrated their decision to write their thesis in MS Word
> instead of Latex. They spend the last month fiddling with the document
> format, when I can work on the content of my thesis and not to worry about
> the format.

Going further offtopic here... a friend of mine worked for the Ontario
courts last summer doing tech support of a very wide variety. He told me
once that all of the courthouses in Ontario, and most likely most of the
lawyers in Ontario and Canada as well, all use Corel WordPerfect 8. Not
because it's a Canadian company, and not because it was cheaper than MS
Word, but only because MS Word has never been able to do proper legal
footnotes. Heh.

(note that I could still be totally wrong, but I just thought this was
pretty funny)

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/