Re: NTLK How much memory is supposed to show up on the MP2100?

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 15:55:24 CDT

At 02:04 PM 7/9/00 -0700, Paul Oberman wrote:
>I have a non-upgraded 2000. I am running the dashboard upgrade, that has
>a memory heap indicator. my memory heap is never above 80k. Is that what
>should be available? What will be available with the additional 3 megs?

Stock MP2000s will have about 100K heap when there's nothing installed on
them (e.g. just after a hard reset). Stock MP2100s or upgraded MP2000s will
have about 430K heap when there's nothing installed on them. Available heap
depends on what packages you have installed and what packages are frozen.
My particular MP2100 has about 275k heap.

>I think that there is confusion between memory and storage in these posts.

Not in the replies. Ermin Mistica's original post confused the two though.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com