Re:NTLK Someone please help me + misc.

From: KCole (quickink@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 06:42:06 CDT

> ------------------------------
>
> >Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 09:47:20 -0500
> >From: John Mantooth <mouser_osu@osu.net>
>
> >I had a similar problem where the trashcan would not empty. I believe I had
> >to install a new system folder to get the trashcan to work as it should.
>
> >John M.

I would personally opt for Norton Utilities; a Mac without NU is like a car without a spare tire. It's just a matter of time....

There's alot to be said for doing a clean system install every few months, regardless. !@#$%^ happens, as they say. Things creep in, files get corrupted, and the only truly happy Mac is a clean one.

On a quazi-related note, what happens, once we have 320Mb+ ATA drives, to file maintenance? Are we in freeze and unfreeze hell or will Newton's new relationship to file access change the rules (disk swapping?)?

Lastly, any updates in AirPort compatability?

Thanks, K<