Re: NTLK Newton comparisons (Why doesn't everyone like their visors/palms)

From: Michael J. Hussmann (michael@macmagazin.de)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 04:59:25 CDT

Michael Manthey (Michael_Manthey@MagicVillage.de) wrote:

> what's good about the Psion

I know -- see macmagazin 8/2000, pp 126-129 ;-) But the Psion's OS looks
dated, Windows 3.1ish, and the level of integration between the apps is
no match to the Newton. Also, I wasn't impressed by the expansion options
offered: with the exception of the netBook, you can't use PC card modems
or Ethernet cards with the Psions (PC card modems require an expensive
adaptor). Mac connectivity software has to be bought extra, and even then
leaves much to be desired -- no export/import to speak of, no USB
connectivity ...

Michael J. Hussmann

Redaktion macmagazin
MACup Verlag GmbH