Re: NTLK Newton comparisons (Why doesn't everyone like their visors/palms)

From: Michael J. Hussmann (michael@macmagazin.de)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 10:36:08 CDT

Prentiss.Gray@gecits.ge.com (Prentiss.Gray@gecits.ge.com) wrote:

> Maybe Apple should have gone smaller rather than larger with the 2000.

Unfortunately, no one has succeeded so far in delivering something like
the MP2100 that's the size of a Visor or Palm. Palms and Visors are fine
for people needing what these devices offer, but for some people, that's
not enough. I have an MP2100, an eMate 300, and a Visor Deluxe, and the
unit I use most of the time is, surprisingly, the eMate -- the largest
Newton ever made. The Visor has a lot of potential because of its
Springboard slot -- I am eagerly awaiting a GPS module for my Visor --
but still, the Visor's lower price compared to that of an MP2100 reflects
its quality and performance (not even taking into account that an MP2100,
would it be in production now, wouldn't be quite as expensive as it used
to be back then).

Michael J. Hussmann

Redaktion macmagazin
MACup Verlag GmbH