Re: NTLK off topic-Used Macs & Web Building Software

From: System Support Products, Inc. (sspi@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 22:50:16 CDT

At 2:46 PM -0500 7/2/00, good-dog@northshore.net wrote:
>This is slightly off topic, but I thought some of you might have some
>thoughts on this. Where are the best places to get used Macs? Any reliable
>sources? From all I hear, Shreve Systems is to be avoided like the plague.
>A friend is considering getting a mac, maybe even a powerbook.

    What you've heard about Shreve is true. You have a much better
chance of getting what you ordered from Joe Blow on eBay. One guy on
eBay worth dealing with is "Old Mac Milt".

    Reputable places I've dealt with personally:

    Small Dog: <http://www.smalldog.com/> These guys are great!

    MegaMacs: <http://www.megamacs.com/> I bought an open box 7600
from them. No problems.

    Other World Computing (OWC) has a build-to-order service for some
older Mac models: <http://shop.macsales.com/MacSales/BTO/BTO.taf>
(Note: I've ordered twice from OWC with no problems, but there are
some complaints out there about wrong orders being sent - nothing
like Shreve through!)

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer