RE: NTLK Newton 2k Backlight repair solutions

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys@honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 11:27:36 EST

Bob,

The backlight wires are the long set of red and black wires that are set in
a channel on the stylus holder assembly. They plug into a header on the main
board near the battery holder.

***WARNING***

Messing with this while powered-up is not good.
It will bite you!!

The backlight needs several hundred volts to operate. Although the current
is low, it will wake you up! You could be startled and drop your Newt (among
other things!).

P.S. Stay tuned for more info on my on-going backlight replacement efforts.

Regards,

David Humphreys
PCB Designer
Honeywell Inc.