Re: NTLK GPS & Newton

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 08:22:49 EST

Pascal Massun wrote:
> I guess that I'll have to go the way you explained: an overview map
> with less detail (eg Europe) and a more detailed one of the region I'm
> visiting.
> Pascal Massün @ Oostende.Belgium
Did you buy GPSmap and, may be, the EU-map too? I know, it is very
expensive but allows also to plan and record a route. Route planning
gives surprisingly exact results. Always a little bit to short
distances, because the waypoints are connected with straights, but the
relations are right.

Meanwhile I tried another approach to get a map pkg. I bought a CD with
maps of CH and EU countries. The display program allows there to switch
on LON/LAT lines and adds the angle information at the intersections of
the lines. This is extremely helpful for the map making process, because
in PhotoShop do you have to find out the pixel coordinates of these
intersections and you're done. If you have a printed map this is mostly
much more difficult because the angle is marked at the border of the map
only (if it is printed).

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand