Re: NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #260

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 02:45:20 EST

hmmm, If you use the Apple supplied battery pack, then
the batteries DO charge in the 120...But a little work
around is...I got some "AA" nicads from Radio Shack,
then folded up a wad of cellophane tape so that it
formed a semi-rigid flap about 1/8" wide and 1/2'
long...put in the bottom and the top batties, then
hold the tape flap over that little square button and
put in the two center batteries. What this does is
that the little button is a switch that tells the
newton that you have a rechargable battery pack in
your Newton and to charge the battery pack (in this
case, it's your RS rechargables! Worked for me for two
years! I used both the plugin charger and the charging
stand (the charging stand has a similar button in it
as well!))
Once the batteries are in place, you never have to
take them out! so the tape wedge never has to come
out...Simple and easy!
Of course, standard disclaimer applies...your mileage
may vary!
Ed
web guru

=====