Re: NTLK Internet Access

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 12:56:39 EST

"Kari Heber, MD" wrote:

> Sorry to have to ask this again. I am attempting to connect using a USR
> Sportster 28.8. My issues are theses:
>
> 1. No sound. I have every preference I can find that relates to modem
> sound/volume set to max, but still do not get any sound.
>
> 2. I get the connecting slip, but then it hangs at the message "loading ppp
> driver."
>
> That's it. Nothing else happens. I finally have to hit cancel. Any suggestions?
> -Kari

For the modem sound, look in the internet setup you're using. If there isn't one,
you can add a modem prefs there that will override what you have set in the main
OS Preferences, or in the InOut prefs. In my case, my main, general preferences is
the volume at the loudest setting. However, my internet setup specifies no sound.
So, when I'm connecting with this setup, the modem is silent.

Regarding your second problem, I would guess that something is wrong in your login
script, in your internet setup. If you don't have a login script, then maybe you
would need one. You can debug a login script by adding one first, if you don't have
any, then turning the "Display script activity" checkbox in the login script
editor. That will definitely help as you will see what's your ISP's server is
sending and what your Newton is responding.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com