Re: NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #254

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 00:08:14 EST

On 2/23/2000 7:47 PM, markr13 [mailto:markr13@voicenet.com] wrote:

>Au contrare, Emailer 2.0 will give many date headaches, but only under
>odd circumstances. One is if you pick up AOL mail (as I do) and another
>is when routing mail to non-standard folders. I had serious problems
>with Emailer and since I run the NuShield business with it. I went out
>and bought Eudora before I found the fix. I'm still using Emailer
>successfully now with no problems.

re: "when routing mail to non-standard folder" - haven't heard anything
about that. I autofile NewtonTalk and other mailing lists to folders in
Emailer automatically with no problems. What's a "non-standard folder"?
(I don't use AOL). Please elaborate/give URLs!

As I recall, there was a patch to Emailer to fix the problem so you don't
have to use the AppleScript fix. Yep, here it is on MacFixit:

http://www.macfixit.com/archives/january.00.b.shtml#emailer-01-11

I also remember hearing that AOL had changed their protocol to fix the
date problem. Yep, found it on MacFixit.com:

http://www.macfixit.com/archives/january.00.b.shtml#aol-01-17

AOL is now sending full four digit years instead of 2 digit years.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com