NTLK Newtscape woes...

From: BondTrails@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 18:27:42 EST

Hello fellow Newtoneers,

So i have, for the past week, been trying unsuccessfully to use Newt's Cape.
I tried just about everything and each time I keep getting a little bit
closer... but no cigar.

Anyway, it has been a learning experience:
1) Got NIE 1.1 for my MP130 (OS 2.0)
2) Update my modem driver (Hayes Error Correcting for my Hayes 33.6 modem)
3) Removed the old Newt's Cape 1.5 and cleared out any old extensions.
4) Loaded Newt's Cape stable beta version 2.02r2 and the accompanying
packages.
5) Loaded the Thumb package to make sure my modem and driver worked properly
6) Double checked by successfully retrieving my email from my ISP via Simple
Mail

So now, when I log into my ISP, and verify I am connected (PPP is enabled,
userid and password has been accepted, etc) I start up Newt's Cape and try to
go to the Newt'sCape sample page
(http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/newtscape/examples.htm) or a
very simple text only page (http://channel.nytimes.com/partners/palm-pilot/)
AND tap on the lower triangle to see a log of events it starts by saying:

Starting NIE
Connected
Looking up host

and that's where it sits. I have waited close to 30 minutes watching my
newton and Newt's Cape tell me its "Looking up host" but no cigar. I even
verified that I was connected at a relatively speedy 33k but it shouldn't
take that long to get the data--should it??

If anyone has any advice or can offer any help I would greatly appreciated!

Bondster!

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com