Re: NTLK Newton 2000 help

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 23:11:34 EST

At 10:26 PM 2/18/00 -0500, ZACINCCEO@aol.com wrote:
>I just bought a 2000 and it is great but the keyboard that came with it
>doesn't have the dongle, I wish to install packages on it, yet I do not feel
>that I should spend 30+ $ for a little thing like that, is there a way I can
>install packages with the Infrared port on my Newton to the infrared on my PB
>G3?

No. Either spend the $30 on the dongle, $30 on Enfour's "dongle destroyer"
cable, or invest in Ethernet. If it's the latter, you still need a way to
get those packages onto the Newton, so you're going to need that
InterConnect plug. The other way is to find someone else with a Newton who
would be able to beam some of the stuff to you.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD
Are you a "Have"?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com