Re: NTLK Ntlk Invoice creation on the 120

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 16:33:54 EST

Leland Jory wrote:

> Well, if they're commercial software, where do you get them? Is there a demo
> version?

Money Magazine Business Forms used to be sold by StarCore, which some of you
will remember as a more or less an Apple division, back in the early days of the
original Newton, in 1993. It's long gone, I would say it disapeared maybe 5 or 6
years ago. I remember because I've got this package when I upgraded my OMP to a
MP100. In the upgrade, you could pick 2 softwares of your choice, and one of
them was Business Forms.. However, when I got it and my Newton back from the
upgrade, I started noticing little problems here and there, specially with
localization (I was leaving in Quebec at that time, so was using French Canadian
localization). So, I called the guy at Apple who was responsible for that
product and I started complaining that the product was almost unusable when used
with any different localization than the US. To keep me happy, he sent me a copy
of ExpensePlus, since he admitted that the development of this product was
already stopped.

So, don't try to find it anymore, it should be very hard. Might get some luck on
eBay, but I wouldn't hold my breath until you see it auctioned there...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com