NTLK Getting my email!!

From: ken (slave1@cyberway.com.sg)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 17:24:49 EST

Hey all,
yes, I've had my newt for a while, but I only just got around to configuring
it for email..
Now you'll all have to bear with me while I gush on about how simple the
whole set up was, how quick it was, even on a 28.8 modem, and even how nice
the font that comes with simplemail is...
Yes, you've heard it all before I'm sure, so I'll be quiet now..except to
urge all of you who were like me, just take a little time out and go fix up
the little buddy for email!!
Its worth it all right!!
Next step? Hmmmmm, Internet surfing maybe?
Or newsgroups?? I'll like to do both, will the MP2K handle it okay?
Which software/pkgs do I need, and which do you all recommend?
Also, I'm thinking of getting hold of another modem, mine has a dinky
connector and I would feel better with a more robust one. Heard of the
X-jacks..are these good, or would the list recommend different?
Any of you feel like walking me through these steps, drop me a line
off-list, I'll post a summary back for those who maintain the FAQs etc.

Thanks for letting me go on and on..everyone else here would just think I'm
nuts..
:-)

cheers
ken

ps. after reading all the 'age' posts, it really is amazing that we've got
such a huge mix of individuals..those of you who use icq, feel free to look
me up..no. is 8675273, nick is slave1...

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com