NTLK Re: HOW Internet via Ethernet

From: Doug Fuss (douglas.fuss.pc.86@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 10:48:29 EST

> You need to install internet sharing software on your Mac. I used Friendly
> Share from Asante (no affiliation but I won the package at the last
> MacWorld); although, most people seem to use IPNetRouter (and I don't
> remember who makes that). You enable the software to assign DHCP, then you
> should be able to set your Newton to connect to the internet via ethernet
> with the DHCP server. That should be it.

Thanks Betty!

I used IPNetRouter and it has solved a host of issues for my home network. I
find that connecting via ethernet through my iMac's 56K internal modem is
faster than using my 56K PC card modem in my Newton with the 28.8 and Faster
modem setup. I always wondered whether I could get real 56K speed out of
that modem setup. I guess not. Have you found this to be true, too?

Regards,

Doug

douglas.fuss.pc.86@aya.yale.edu
ICQ: 63846722

Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about.

Oscar Wilde

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com