NTLK imac compatibility?

From: the She-Giles (Jaime.L.Margalotti@williams.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 18:51:47 EST

I have recently become interested in purchasing a Newton, but I want to
make sure it can do what I need it for. I'm currently working on a thesis
and find it inconvenient to take all of my notes longhand and then
transcribe them after I return from researching. What I'd like to do is
take notes and later connect to my desktop computer to transfer the
information. This way I could just cut and paste, etc. My first idea was
to buy a used really really low-end powerbook, but I've been warned that
whatever word processing program it is running wouldn't be compatible with
what is running on my new imac dv (Microsoft Office 98 & AppleWorks
5.0.3). The same issue applies to Newton. Unlike a bottom-of-the-barrell
powerbook, the Newton would have more features to offer me than word
processing. I considered the palm pilot, but they seem really tiny and
they're also really expensive. I've been able to find Newtons at costs in
my price range. I also like the option of connecting a keyboard to the
Newton. I called the Apple Support Line and they couldn't think of any
reason why I'd have a problem connecting and transferring the Newton files
to the imac (with the appropriate USB adaptor, of course), but they
really didn't seem to know all that much about the Newton. I'd appreciate
any possible information you could give me.

thanks!

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com