Re: NTLK Pen Alignment Problems

From: kyle.powderly@mindspring.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 10:58:39 EST

On St.Valentine's Day, Robert Benschop <robertbenschop@bigfoot.com> suggested to Cupid:

>>...if you have to send in your Newton for the $ 189 total repair, crack your screen (however difficult this will be)
You'll get a brand new one with shining new backlight ;-)

I am SHOCKED! Dismayed even! Are you suggesting that we intentionally damage our Newts! I recommend the formation of PETN: People for the Ethical Treatment of Newtons.

Seriously, though, if a Newton is intentionally damaged in such a manner, will Apple still completely repair or replace it? I know intentional damage is not covered under most, if not all, warranties.

I am in the midst of a dilemma myself: do I hold onto my now non-functioning Newton and take the chance that when I can afford to do so, that Apple will still be accepting them for repairs (and I still will want/need to get some additional PDA that's smaller and more portable as well), or should I just sell the puppy and his accessories now and just buy another Newton sometime down the road when I decide I absolutely, positively cannot live without one any longer? Hmmmm.

Meanwhile, the paper Day Runner just doesn't hack it. I never realized how much of my life depends upon or is greatly improved by my using a PDA until I had to do without (for the first time in six years). Ugh!

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com