Re: NTLK Cancel

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 17:36:32 EST

On 2/13/2000 5:07 AM, Mike Krupnick [mailto:pestdr@maui.net] wrote:

>I am planning to switch to PalmOS.I will continue to use my Newton
>2000,But something is wrong with the stylist.When I point and click, I
>get the wrong letter.I have to go back to "setup" and then it works
>,for a while.Thank you for the service,but Newton is gone.It was and is
>still the greatest handheld ever made.Aloha,Mike Krupnick

Why not simply get it repaired? Apple still does, you know, for about
the same price as the low-end (i.e. almost worthless/unexpandable) Palms
and Visors. It's a flat fee of about $189 to repair anything and
EVERYTHING wrong with your Newton, last I heard.

Or perhaps, Your Newton is not even broken. Your comment that "when you
point and click you get the wrong letter" doesn't really make sense to me
and doesn't give anything to go on. Also, what to you mean by "go back
to set up"; please give more detail and exact names of things. Pointing
and clicking has nothing to do with letters unless you are typing on the
keyboard. Can you be more specific and detailed about your problem?
Perhaps you just need to realign the pen (stylus) or do a backup, hard
reset and restore of all your data (but not the System Information).

Ask away, we'll all be glad to help you.

As someone who has and uses both a Palm (IIIx) and a Newton, trust me
when I say the Palm is GIANT step backwards. It's handy for somethings
because it's pocket sized....but I cuss it every day, especially the
so-called handwriting recognition, which (for me anyway) is terrible
compared to the Newton (others swear by Grafitti, but I just swear at
it...I know all the strokes, they just don't work for me half the time,
certainly less reliable than my Newtons).

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com