Re: NTLK Chi, how deep are your burns

From: Peter Brewer (pcb@internet-frontier.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 12:19:06 EST

Laurent wrote:

"We all need to remember that we're a decreasing "family" and that we
should all
stick together to help each other. You never know when someone is new to
the
list what he can bring later. Maybe he will write the next XPort
successor, or
a Java Virtual Machine, or an MP3 player, who knows!!!

So, we all need to be gentle to each other, even if the same questions
(answered in the FAQ) get posted over and over again, and even if
sometime
someone forgets something. We're all humans, you know..."

-Laurent.

As a recent "newby" I have been continually struck by the graciousness
of the long time contributors to this list towards the newcomers who
continually ask the same questions. I joined this "decreasing" family
just a few months ago, and even though I don't use computers or my
MP130 in a regular or important way I have them as tools to use when I
need them. It always is heartwarming to know that in this world where
profit and gain are the primary motivations that there are communities
that are based on sharing and helping. Also, since I am sure that I
will have a number of stupid repetitive questions to ask this list in
the future, it is nice to know that someone will answer my questions
without making me feel completely idiotic.

Thanks, Laurent, for your kind words. In an increasingly harsh world,
we need more of them.

Peter

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com