Re: e-mate pdfs, was -> NTLK WHERE?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 15:10:01 EST

on 11-02-2000 2:50, doppler at doppler@mac.com wrote:

> ok, here you go:
> http://www.pixell.net/doppler/downloads/e-mate1.pdf

Is the eMate Classroom Exchange Manual

> http://www.pixell.net/doppler/downloads/e-mate2.pdf

is the eMate Teacher's Guide

> a total of less than 3M.

Been there, done that, I've searched the web near and far, got all of the
eMate PDF in existence on my hard disk.
(including the Classroom Exchange and the Teacher's Guide that you have on
your site which are available at Apple's site as well)
Including the eMate Service Manual which isn't very helpful to a new user
either (why would they want to know how to take their eMate apart if they
don't know how to operate it yet)
That why I had the local people from Apple searching for a PDF version of
the User's Manual and their conclusion was that there just isn't one, not on
the web, not within Apple, nowhere.
Only after that I spent 10 days transferring the Getting Started part from
the original paper manual and I adapted the Newton 2000 manual with eMate
screenshots and deleted and changed everything that is different in an eMate
compared to a 2x00 (which turned out to be quite a bit more than I thought ,
which is why I ended up with those 10 days)
So I'm sorry for everybody, there just isn't a PDF version of the original
paper manual and my version (that comes quite close) will be released after
I'm completely sold out (soon?)
Sorry about that, but I think it's fair to do it this way.

Robert Benschop

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com