Re: NTLK Avi's backdrop

From: James L. Johnson Jr. (jimjohnson@mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 23:19:51 EST

As far as i know, this isn't a problem with Avi's backdrop...

I had the same problem, and spent several hours last night cleaning out
my soups. What happens is when you specify a birthday in Names, all
instances (every year) of that birthday are entered into the Names soup.

So far, so good.

The problem arises if you change the birthday, or the name associated
with it. The old data doesn't go away -- but the new data is added. To
kill all instances of the offending event, you have to go back to the
original instance. This can be a pain, especially if you're having
problems with birthdays early in the century, like, say, 1909. It takes
forever to scroll back that far.

This is a great argument for the 'go to date' feature in TimeTrax. It
took me a lot less time than it might have.

I had about two dozen screwed up birthdays and anniversaries. Went back
and deleted them, and then, for good measure, scrolled through all dates
from 1996 (when I first started entering data into my first Newt, an
OMP), through 2001. I think I got 'em all.

This was especially a problem because I used to track birthdays with
Annual Events instead of Names card info. I decided to switch over to
take advantage of Avi's cool lookahead feature that displays ages with
the dates.

Had no idea what a hassle the conversion would be...

Cheers,

Jim.