NTLK Mac hosted printing program

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 12:27:37 EST

Laurent Chardon posted a message last week inquiring about the
usefulness of a computer hosted program to print from your Newton. I
replied saying that if there was a sufficient demand, I'd be willing to
port/write the software for the Macintosh.

I've got a few replies, but I'd like to get more specific infos. If you
think you could use such software, could you reply to me privately at
<mailto:nemesys@ix.netcom.com> or to the list? I need to know what
Newton model you're using, what Macintosh computer and the connection
you have between them. Then, I also need the printer model you would
like to print to, along with the connection between your Macintosh and
this printer.

I'm assuming so far that a lot of people with Macintosh have USB-based
printers, which disqualify them for use by the Newton. I'm just trying
to check the validity of my assumption.

BTW, we might later add other functionalities to this software, assuming
that the demand is sufficient. Once we have the communication working
between the computer and the Newton, we can add other things more
easily, like backups and even synchronization.

So, if you think that this might be useful to you (the printing stuff
initially), make your voice heard. That's the only way I'm going to
assess the demand for now.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com