Re: NTLK having a problem with Newton Connection Utilites

From: Ray Kloss (raykloss@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 22:42:35 EST

On 2/9/00, Dan Barber said:
>Hi,
>I am having problems trying to backup with NCU. I get a communication
>error -1 when I try to backup. There are no previous backup files as I have
>only used NBU before. I am using 38.4 as the speed and I even tried using
>slowdown program, but that did not work either. I start the backup, it gets
>to system information and then two seconds later the computer aborts and
>gives the -1 error.

You may have some corrupted system info. If you have a card, back up
the data only to the card. Or choose what you want to back up the the
computer (and skip the system info). You can back up the system info
to the card and recover from there.

Did that make any sense?

Ray Kloss

<raykloss@mindspring.com>