NTLK How to use USR XJACK PCMCI w/ Newt 2000?

From: Stephen DeVries (spdvries@ksc15.th.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 10:43:17 EST

I bought a USR communications card thinking it was compatible but having
troubles.

I'm trying to use a USR 33.6 pcmci card with my Newton 2000.

When inserted into slot #1 Newt says "a communication card has been inserted."
When I try to make a call or send a fax, Newt says, "your modem isn't
responding properly."

When inserted into slot #2 Newt thinks it is a memory card with problems, ...

but now as I type this e-mail, inserting this card in # 2 slot give no
response at all and the 'card' utility in the 'extras drawer' says there is
nothing inserted.

Can anyone help me make this work?

Thanks

Steve in Bangkok, Thailand