NTLK DashBoard script needed

From: Chris Georges (georges4@gte.net)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 19:51:25 EST

I have a UMP2K with a registered copy of DashBoard installed. I love the
functionality of the "Speed" extension from Standalone Software, but
unfortunately, Speed is not compatible with DashBoard in its standard
configuration.

I have contacted both Standalone and FiveSpeed, with no luck so far.
Does anyone on the list know whether it’s possible (and relatively easy)
to write a DashBoard script that will bring up the Speed scribble pad?
(The scribble pad is virtually identical in function to the letter
launcher in DashBoard, and allows the user to write 1 to 3 characters of
the desired listing from Names, from which input Names will go to that
listing.) Alternatively, is there a DB script available which will allow
the same capability in Names, via DashBoard?

It should be noted that I am definitively _not_ a programmer, so I guess
I should say I'm looking for a prefabricated script, but I am desperate
enough even to try it myself, if pointed in the right direction.

(I tried GestureLaunch's ability to launch to a particular letter in
Names, but it's not nearly the same as being able to narrow down to the
desired listing by entering _three_ letters on Speed's scribble pad.)

Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Chris

--
Christopher R. Georges

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com