Re: NTLK Interest In More Internal FLASH For MP2x00 ?

From: Gerson Campos (gcampos@mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 12:58:48 EST

> DrNewton wrote:
>
>> NewtonTalkers,
>>
>> I was wondering if there would be any interest in adding more internal FLASH
>> to the MP2x00 ?
>>
>> I ask this because I have technical doc's that explain the unit can support
>> another 8 Meg of internal FLASH, bringing the total to 12 Meg.
>>
>> Any interest out there ?
>>
>> I haven't tried this yet. I know what chips to use and where to put them.
>>
>> What I do not know is if the 2.1 OS must be "patched" to use the extra
>> FLASH.
>>
>> Please post your opinions here on NewtonTalk ( I read the digests ).
>>
>> Anybody out there know anything about adding the extra FLASH ? Contact me
>> directly.
>
> Count me in! Not sure whether the system could use this additional space and
> heap, though... Maybe someone familiar with the System internals will care to
> comment?
>
> -Laurent.
> Laurent Daudelin
> Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
> Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
> Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

What kind of internals are required to upgrade newton to 8mb or 12mb?

I have a newton 2000 in Mexico (bought it from a client that never used it 6
months ago). And I have tried to send it for upgrade but none offers it or
takes to long or to expensive...

Could you post info on kind of chips required and maybe an specific model
from any brand of chipmakers?

Gerson Campos

Long live Mac/Newton..

about us at some time. Find out why at: