Re: NTLK Re: Wireless Connectivity for MP2x00?

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 06:36:47 EST

Jeremy Shepherd schrieb:
> The only concern ( and a big one ) is possible strain /
> damage to the MP2x00's internal 5 volt supply.
>
> The higher power consumption is only during transmit ( very brief time ).
My Farallon PN895 ethernet card consumes about 500mA during transmission
and using the 2 port hub. That works well and drains the accu very fast.
But there was no damage to the internal PS nor warnings or switch off.

> I am willing to pony up the cash & try, but do you think the card would be recognized by the Newt >OS? I thought PC cards would need to have drivers written specifically to recognize them to the >OS. What's your opinion?
PC equipment works generally fine in Apple products. Take for example
the Pretec cards, the Farallon ethernet card or the various modem cards.
The Merlin card should appear as like a communications card (Hayes
commands should work w/o problems).

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand