Re: NTLK Interest In More Internal FLASH For MP2x00 ?

From: Avi Drissman (drissman@acm.org)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 18:41:35 EST

At 3:27 PM -0800 2/6/00, Donald T. Stewart, MD wrote:
>It seems that there was a thread on the Newton Underground about a year ago on
>this, but my understanding is that someone soldered in some higher
>density chips
>to replace the standard chips, and that the Newton did not recognize the extra
>memory when it was all done.

No, that was the static memory. Dr Newton's talking about the flash memory.

I say, go for it! Why not?

(And I think there's a decent chance that the Newton would recognize
it with no special software, although a brain wipe might help it
along...)

Avi

--
Avi Drissman                                          drissman@acm.org