Re: NTLK emergency package

From: James L. Johnson Jr. (jimjohnson@mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 15:55:13 EST

Jon:

It's called Emergency, from Softwarebüro Müller, part of the SBM utilities.

<http://www.sbm.nu/>

When it's installed on a card, (an otherwise blank 4MB card would be
ideal) installing the card begins a countdown before a backup is
performed. You can do the emergency backup without registering SBM
Utilities, BUT you must register before you can restore.

This package saved my bacon in October '98, when I mistakenly dropped an
empty baby bottle on my precious UMP2K after an early morning feeding of
my daughter Mia... don't ask. Apple was happy to replace the screen and
backlight (for US$185).

Cheers,

Jim.

--