Re: NTLK OS update?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 14:25:32 EST

Todd Buhmiller wrote:

> I just recently upgraded my MP 120 from OS 1.3 to OS 2.0 buy using a new ROM
> chip. Now I have seen links for and OS 2.0 update. Anybody know what it
> is, do I need it, and if so, how do I use it, if the OS is burned into the
> rom.

The basic OS is burned into the ROM. However, Apple did release, over the time,
patches to address some problem in certain versions of the OS. For instance, the
2000 came with NOS 2.1. When Apple introduced the 2100, they updated slightly
the OS that they burned in the 2100 ROMs. So, a 2000 owner would have to install
the 2.1 patch that was also released by Apple.

In the case of NOS 2.0, I think that there was at least one patch released for
it. To check the *exact* version, including any patch, that is installed on your
MP, open "Extras" and the select "Memory Info" from the "i" menu. On my 2100,
mine says "ROM Version 2.1 (717260)-1". There has been some discussion recently
after Paul Guyot successfully created the first "non-Apple" patch for the 2100s,
so he could probably explain (I positively know he can!) in length what that big
number (717260) means.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com