Re: NTLK I think I'm cursed (long)

From: Santiago Vaquera (svaquera@mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 10:31:50 EST

Actually, I hope that is my problem. Let me walk through the steps that
I've taken to set the ethernet card driver, maybe you all can help me out:

1. Open Prefs in the Extras drawer
2. Under the Appletalk heading I choose:
        Connect using Ethertalk
        Card 3Com 3C589 PC Card
3. Close Prefs
4. Open Dock
5. Connect via Appletalk
6. Connect to Other Computer
    The newt then proceeds to look for other desktop computers and looks and
looks and looks...

As before, the LED on the ethernet hub does not come on.

NCU on my desktop is set to listen for the Newt via Appletalk

Is there a step that I missed?

As for the modem card, is it fried because the Newt cannot recognize it as a
communications card? There is one thing that I think I did, when I reset
the Newton (the hard reset where everything was erased), at one point during
the bootup process I may have inserted the modem card (I didn't reset the
Newt with the card inserted). Could inserting it before the Newt was ready
fry the card?

Thanks,

Santiago