Re: NTLK MacLinkPlus

From: Marco Mailand (mmailand@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 18:25:52 EST

Marco wrote:
>>.... On the MacOS you can install MacLinkPlus 9.x and have Word.docs
>>translated into NewtonWorks format but not on Win. That's maybe the
>>difference. (BTW, not only Word but also a couple of dozens of other formats).
Mark answered:
> Really?!?!? This would be great! I just opened a Word doc in MacLink
> Plus 10.X but I don't see any translaters for NewtonWorks. Did they take
> this out?
We have been through this in NTLK a few weeks ago and someone stated that
MLP10 does not work with NCU. Only MLP9 is compatible and you need to
downgrade if you got MLP10 automatically installed with MacOS8.6 or 9.
There is no translator for NewtonWorks but NCU does somehow the trick. If
you select NewtWorks import, you're able to select a Word95 or 6.0 document
(not a Word98.doc) and import it to Works. There where a lot of other
formats, even AutoCAD DXF, which I'll try out tomorrow. I assume the AC DXF
will be translated into a Newt vector drawing as BMP's will be translated
into Newton BMPs. Needless to say that all these translations work vice
versa, from Newton to the MacOS desktop. There is only one small drawback:
Import of multiple files into the Newton is nearly impossible with NCU. But
X-Port does this excellently.

Regards Marco

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com