NTLK Ethernet confusion!

From: kevinbishop@home.com
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 00:58:52 EST

Well, I've had my 2100 for about two weeks and I have to turn to you
guys for some help again... I bought a Farallon Ethernet card - the
one that works on Newtons and installed the driver, Simple Mail, iNet
(?) and made sure I have NIE 2.0....

I've read the web page on Ethernet cards and I *can't* figure out how
to get connected to the internet at work... At least the Newton
recognizes the card.... So I guess it sort of works... :-)

I was hoping to be able to be able to connect to the net and check
out my @home email..... I also thought it might be interesting just
to try some web surfing using nethopper, but that doesn't work
either...

I know the network works, since I managed to set it up on my own....
But this newton is really screwing with my mind! lol

I've changed so many settings I don't know which way is up any more!

Is there anyone out there who connects to @home using ethernet on
their Newton over the Net?

Thanks,

Kevin